> Other Services > Employment Pass

Employment Pass

Employment Pass (EP) is a work pass for foreign professionals working in managerial, executive or specialised jobs.

Who is eligible

Foreigners who are interested to work and has a job offer in Singapore may apply for an Employment Pass (EP). To qualify for one of these EP, the applicants must meet these basic requirements:

Pass type Examples of eligibility criteria
P1 Employment Pass
  • Fixed monthly salary ≥ $8,000
P2 Employment Pass
  • Fixed monthly salary ≥ $4,500
  • Possesses recognised qualifications
Q1 Employment Pass
  • Fixed monthly salary ≥ $3,000
  • Possesses recognised qualifications
  • In lieu of acceptable qualifications, compensatory factors such as skills and years of experience may also be considered (a minimum of five years relevant work experience is recommended)

Passes for Family Members

Successful applicants can bring in their families under one of these passes:

If you are a Which pass? For who?
P Pass Holder Dependant's Pass
  • Spouse
  • Unmarried or legally adopted children under 21 years old
  Long Term Visit Pass
  • Common-law Spouse;
  • Unmarried daughters above 21 years old
  • Handicapped children above 21 years old
  • Step-children under 21 years old
  • Parents
  • Parents-in-law
Q1 Employment Pass Dependant’s Pass
  • Spouse
  • Unmarried or legally adopted children under 21 years old

Personalised Employment Pass (PEP)

The Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) is for certain group of existing Employment Pass holders and overseas foreign professionals. Unlike an Employment Pass, which must be cancelled when the pass holder leaves the employer, the PEP is not tied to the employer and is granted on the strength of the applicant’s merit. A PEP holder can remain in Singapore for up to six months between jobs to evaluate new employment opportunities.


Foreign entrepreneurs who would like to start businesses in Singapore should apply for the EntrePass.

You may apply for an EntrePass if you are ready to start and operate a new business in Singapore. All applicants must fulfil these requirements:

  • Company must be registered as a Private Limited Company with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority - Singapore’s national regulator of businesses and public accountants.
  • Applicant to hold at least 30% of shares in the company
  • Company to have at least $50,000 paid-up-capital. A bank statement, from the Singapore-based company bank account, of at least $50,000 is required for verification
  • Company must not be registered for more than six months at the point of application
  • The business must not be illegal
  • Examples of businesses that will not be considered for the EntrePass include:

    • • Coffee shops, hawker centres, food courts

      • Bars, night clubs, karaoke lounges

      • Foot reflexology, massage parlours

      • Acupuncture, traditional chinese medicine, herbal dispensing

      • Employment agencies, geomancy

Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate

The Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate (EPEC) allows foreigners to stay in Singapore for up to one year to facilitate their job search in Singapore. It is not a work pass and does not allow the holder to work.

S Pass

The S Pass allows mid-level skilled foreigners who earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $2,000 to work in Singapore. Employers must make S Pass applications on behalf of a job candidate.

S Pass applications are assessed on multiple criteria including salary, education qualification, skills, job type and work experience.

Work Permit

A Work Permit (WP) is generally issued to foreign unskilled workers.

The duration of a Work Permit is generally two years, subject to the validity of the worker’s passport, the Banker’s/Insurance Guarantee, and the worker’s employment period, whichever is shorter. The worker is only allowed to work for the employer and in the specified occupation.

Specific variants of Work Permits allow foreigners to work as domestic helpers, confinement nannies and performing artistes.

Dependant's Pass

Employment Pass holders and selected S Pass holders getting S$2800 a month salary can apply for Dependant’s Passes for their spouse or unmarried/legally adopted children under 21 years of age.

Long Term Visit Pass

Employment Pass holders (P1, P2) can apply for Long Term Visit Passes for their common-law.

 Back to top

Company Incorporation | Company Secretary | Accounting & Bookkeeping | Compilation & Auditing | Taxation | Payroll Service | Nominee Director | Employment Pass | XBRL Report | BVI Incorporation | Sitemap
Terms of Use & Privacy Statement Copyright @ 2011, Biztrust Corporate Services Pte Ltd, All Rights Reserved