Incorporating an IBC
BVI is a popular offshore jurisdiction. It has favorable business
regulation, a prosperous economy and stable political environment. An
International Business Company (IBC) in BVI provides privacy and asset
protection and can be wholly exempted from BVI tax on its income
provided that your IBC has no business activities in the British Virgin
No company can be incorporated which has a name which is identical to
another company incorporated in the British Virgin Islands or so closely
resembles the name that it could be deceptive or mixed up.
The name of the company must include one of the following words or its
abbreviation Limited (Ltd), Corporation (Corp.), Incorporated (Inc.) and
Societe Anonyme (S.A) or similar.
- Directors may be of any nationality
- Only one director is required
- The names of directors do not appear in public records
- There is no requirement to appoint a local resident director
- Nominee Directors are allowed. Biztrust can provide this
- The director can be a person or a Corporation
- Shareholders may be of any nationality
- Only one shareholder is required. This can be the same
person as the director.
- Nominee shareholders are allowed. Biztrust can provide this
- The shareholder can be a person or a corporation
All BVI IBC's must have a registered office. The registered office is
where documents may be legally served on the company. The registered
office must be a physical address in the BVI. Our incorporation package
has included provision of registered address.